The Wonderful World of Books

Thursday, October 15, 2009



I made a commitment this year to be purposeful about what I was going to read.

Usually I just come across books that I want to read and read them, no planning involved. It works great except that it often means I read only what I LIKE to read and that I take much longer than I should to read a book simply because I don't have another one to get to after it.

I made a list. My goal was to read as many of them as I could and keep track of any others that I decided to read along the way.

I liked the idea so much that I've already started on next year's list!

What are you reading? Do you make reading lists for yourself? Are there any books that you think I should had to my list?

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a reading list and have been meaning to put one together myself! Yours is quite ambitious, but I agree that when I haphazardly read, I end up with a one-sided diet of a lot of fiction, poetry, and WWII books. (-: Speaking of fiction, however, one of the best, most amazing books I have read is What Katy Did. For biographies, I love Evidence Not Seen. I am currently working through Telling Lies, which is the science behind lie detection through micro-expressions on the face. Although not from a Christian perspective, it is fascinating!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--good job! What an inspiring list! ;-)
    Pilgrim's Progress is a must read for classical Christian education, so if you haven't read that, you should definitely consider it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)