In the Word

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Lately I have been looking into the process of mortifying sin.

Yes, I am a sinner. Yes, I will continue to sin until I reach the presence of God in heaven. In the meantime, I know Christ and my life is in Him. I have been called to walk worthy of that work that God has done and is doing in my life. This requires putting off the old, sinful self that I was on my own and putting on the new, holy self that I am in Christ.

While I have studied this before to some degree, I am starting over. Here are some of the things I have looked at so far. First of all, an article by John Piper that I set aside to read a few days ago. I read it this morning before going over to the Bible to look up a particular passage about the "put off"/"put on" process.

To make it simple, I'll make a list:

"Battling the Unbelief of Misplaced Shame" - John Piper

Romans 13

Ephesians 4

Colossians 3

God is faithful....Bits and pieces of each of these chapters have been coming to mind over and over again. When I typed in "put off" and these three chapters showed up I was not a bit surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)