No Empty Word

Friday, October 11, 2013

On September 25, I read something very encouraging through the Solid Joys app that was created by Desiring God. 
 
The title of the day's reading was "Life Hangs on the Word of God" which was written around this text from Deuteronomy 32:46-47:


He said to them, “Take to heart all the words by which I am warning you today, that you may command them to your children, that they may be careful to do all the words of this law. For it is no empty word for you, but your very life, and by this word you shall live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to possess.”
 
 
God's Word is stronger than any other word that has or will ever exist.

Did you catch this - "for it is no empty word for you, but your very life, and by this word..."


Throughout 2013 God has been showing me just how much I need His Word. 

I have come to see that it really is by His Word that I even LIVE. 

Sure, I can stumble along without it. Sometimes it even seems like I'm doing just fine without it. 

But you know how it goes, THEN you get back into it, you turn to it again, and BAM!!! God is there, showing you a MILLION things that are exactly what you were needing (maybe even looking) to hear. 

If we HOPE to see anything, we have to start with the Word. The Word serves as the glasses to our soul.

If we HOPE to hear anything, we have to start with the Word. The Word blocks up our ears from the lies of the world and makes sense of the whispers and shouts of truth all around us. 

Look. 

Listen.

It ALL hangs on the Word of God.

Click ^^^ for a list of all the posts in this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)