Seek His Face

Wednesday, March 19, 2014



I wanted to share with you a quote straight out of a Bible study workbook I'm going through right now. The name of the study is "Behold Your God: Rethinking God Biblically" by John Snyder.

The quote comes from St. Anselm (I actually have no idea who he is, but these are some great words):


"Up now, slight man! Flee for a little while your occupations; hide yourself for a time from your disturbing thoughts. Cast aside now your burdensome cares, and put away your toilsome business. Yield room for some little time to God, and rest for a little time in Him. Enter the inner chamber of your mind; shut out all thoughts save that of God and such as can aid you in seeking Him. Speak now, my whole heart! Speak now to God, saying, 'I seek Your face; Your face, Lord, will I seek.'" 


At the end there, he was clearly thinking of Psalm 27:8 "When You said, 'See My face,' My heart said to You, 'Your face, Lord, I will seek.'"

Let me just say, I've had a lot on my mind lately. Don't we all? It's March, spring is slowly easing its way in, we're thinking of all the things that need doing, and beginning to be bombarded with the busy-ness that this time of year always brings along.

BUT! There is something more essential than any yard work, organizing, party planning, or whatever is on our minds.....Namely, our pursuit of God.

Christian, you must take time to pursue Him. Quiet your soul and your mind and gather around the fire that is His Word to see HIM.

God calls us to understand and know Him. Jesus made the way for us to have the same fellowship with the Father that He has. And yet, we act as if we would rather just piddle along with these joys and worries that are always in front of us.

God is showing Himself and He is calling His people to His Word. Go there. Listen. Behold your God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)