The Circle: Spring Favorites

Wednesday, March 26, 2014



This month's link-up is hosted by Kiki and Meg. The questions are all spring related and I am excited to include some pictures that I took on a walk the other day! I look forward to spring each year because it means SUMMER IS COMING!!!

What is spring like where you live?
You never know what spring will bring where I live. In general you can expect there to be a good mix of sunshine and rain with lots of wind and deceivingly cold temperatures. Basically, it flops back and forth between feeling like almost summer and winter until June.

What's your favorite springtime accessory?
My winter coat? I am always tempted to pull out the bright colored skirts, but the truth is, it's just too cold for them! I asked my family how I should answer this question and they said gardening gloves!

Do you have any springtime traditions?
Planning my garden for the year and going outside as much as possible.

What is your favorite spring treat? 
Italian sodas, peeps, and cream pies.

Favorite spring holiday?
Easter is my favorite. We usually spend it with Ron and Julie. Julie fixes a wonderful dinner with ham, scalloped potatoes, a fancy salad, and there's usually some kind of fruit. I usually bring a dessert and we always plan on eating outside if it's not too windy or wet.



What's your favorite thing to do in the spring?
Getting my garden spots ready. I love the work of clearing out the fresh weeds, the leaves that gathered over winter, and tilling up the soil. Then comes the planting of new seeds and plants. Once all of that is done, I look forward to weeding and water and pruning, but the initial work of getting is ready each spring is definitely my favorite!


And here's bonus challenge for you over-achievers: find and capture your favorite sign of spring and tell us about the photo!





 

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for gardening, Easter, and cream pies! Even though I'm far from being a green thumb, I love admiring my family's garden and picking fresh veggies and fruits to eat and munch on, too. :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are so pretty! It looks like you live in a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)