Book Bingo

Thursday, September 04, 2014




During one of the first episodes of Books on the Nightstand that I listened to, I found out about Book Bingo. At the beginning of summer Michael and Ann spread the word about this little "game" and challenged their listeners to try to get a bingo (or even a blackout) before Labor Day.

Well...I missed the boat on that, but I decided to see if I could get the readers in my family to play. I logged onto THIS website and printed off a matching bingo card for each person. We determined that these would be OUR rules:

*The "game" begins on August 2, 2014 and ends on October 31, 2014.

* Each book needs to be at least 160 pages long.

* Since the goal is to discover "new" books, you are only allowed one reread other than the square marked "reread". Your extra reread must match a square. (My personal goal is not to use this privilege.) 

* You may substitute any square of your choosing for the square marked "any book by a Booktopia author". (We looked through the list of those and realized that we were not really interested in reading those books.) 


My goal with getting my family to play book bingo was to get people reading. If things continue as they have been, we'll have at least one bingo by the middle of this month! I'd say it's working, wouldn't you?

Click HERE to get a Book Bingo Card of your own! This would be a great project to do with any readers that you know. If you're interested, I might even play along with you (after the game I'm currently in is over, of course)!

What is on your reading list? 

Do you know many people who enjoy reading?

If you'd be interested in playing book bingo with me, let me know! 


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a fun idea!! I read alllll the time. I just started "The Four Loves" by CS Lewis. It's going to take me awhile to finish, because a lot of what he says I have to re-read to make sense of. I like his books though! What are you reading right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading books on a Kindle is not recommended for this game unless you check the book length somewhere else! Just a tip for your devoted comment readers. ;-) Your brother put us all to shame. Next time, truly, reading is going to make me win. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)