Currently: May 2015

Monday, May 18, 2015

April 27, 2015
If you drove by my house this morning you would have found me standing at the edge of the lawn in my slippers with an apron on, drinking my water and watering the alyssum seeds that I planted on Saturday. As I stood there I realized that I am officially becoming my grandparents.

My Mom and I have pretty much been the same person forever. At 24, I'm starting to see a little bit of all of my grandparents coming out. I'm not mad about it. Maybe we'll talk more about this transformation some day...

For now, I'm joining Jenna and Anne for their currently link up. I've got my Grandma's spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove, my garden spots have all been watered, the laundry has been sorted and started, and now I'm settling in with a little Sam Cooke radio and an iced coffee.

Designing: Gardens and menus. I planted cosmos, alyssum, sugar snap peas, and green beans on Saturday. I've got cucumber seeds soaking and I want to pick up some New Zealand spinach seeds next time I get to town. Summer weather has settled in! It's got me scrambling to remember what my go-to weeknight dinners are. What are yours?

Enjoying: LIFE! We just got back from a long weekend at Lake Chelan on Wednesday. I went to the ranch on Friday to cook up some stuff with Darlene and Anna and we had such a great time. Ruth floated in and out of the kitchen and everybody gathered together for lunch. Any day at the ranch is a good day! I'll tell you this: we've been going a mile a minute lately.

Ordering: I'll tell you what I WANT to order. I want to go to Bantam Chef and get a hamburger, onion rings, and a sweet tea. Doesn't that just sound good?

Celebrating: My sister's birthday, mother's day, ranch days, the Cut Throat Kitchen finale, summer, the first blooms in my cutting garden, the list goes on and on....Oh, and today is Victoria Day by the way. Jayda, how does Canada celebrate this day?

Tasting: The week of Cinco de Mayo I ate some sort of Mexican food pretty much every single day. I didn't do it on purpose, it just kind of happened and it was wonderful! Aside from that there have been lots of hot dogs, salads, sandwiches, and eggs cooked every which way!

What have you been up to lately? 

As you age, who are you turning into?


5 comments:

  1. I'm turning into my mother. This both terrifies me and calms me haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mehmaw10:14 AM

    I'm just thankful that you are more the 'old lady me' than the 'at your age' me! ;-) You thought that too, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm I WANT THAT MEAL TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many things to celebrate! :) Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have garden envy! I so want a yard and a garden some day! It sounds like you had a lovely morning!:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)