Life Lately

Friday, December 15, 2017

December 15, 2017

I settled on my word for 2018 earlier this week. I was on my way to the college and the Tedashii album that I have been listening to on repeat for months was playing and all of a sudden, I came around to the word that has been on my mind a lot lately even though I didn't even realize it. Since I have no idea when I'll be writing about it here, for now I'll tell you what it is and later on I'll tell you why. It's: through. And I couldn't be more excited about it. 

Life has been full to overflowing with Christmas and theatre and another new commitment. We went to the big parade and lighting ceremony. We made it through tech-week and opening weekend and a Christmas party. My brother performed at a coffee shop with his jazz group from school. I've been organizing and inventorying costumes. I finally got the Christmas decorations out and up.

I've been listening a lot lately. I've overheard conversations that made me want to cry. I've witnessed interactions and antics that made me smile and even laugh out loud. The dancing Grandpa in the food court and the little boy exclaiming how amazing something was at the top of his lungs both reminded me that we don't have to hold things back. I'm working on that. 

I talked to Alice and Amber and my brother on the phone this week. I now know what it means when people tell you it's good to hear your voice. When life is hard or heavy or you just need someone familiar to remind you what it is not to have to explain yourself, those familiar voices are like a balm. We laughed. We talked about the hard things. We sat in silence just knowing the other person was on the other end of the line. And as Alice always says, it was good. 

It's Friday morning. I'll be putting on my my brother's ugly sweater and heading to work soon. When I get off, I'll head to the theatre for my night to sit in the audience of the big show my brother and sister have been working on for months. 

What have you been up to?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)