A Lot of That

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tuesday, I posted about using our days well. 

In order for me to be intentional I have found that I have to:

* define my roles - This makes what my priorities should be clear.

*live according to my roles - I only do those things which fall into line with the roles and priorities that are defined by the current season of my life.

*set goals - They must be specific and have a time frame.

*stay flexible - Proverbs 16:9, I must live by faith and be ready to change what I thought I was supposed to be doing or would be doing for what God brings my way. 

Each year is broken into literal seasons. For me, my life is a certain way in the fall, through winter and spring it is another way, and in summer it is yet another way. My time is divided differently. 

With each new season I kind of re-evaluate where I am and where I am going. I look back on what I have been doing and figure out what kinds of goals need to be set. 

I make rough plans for how I will spend my time in that season and what big events are ahead. 

Summer just started, right?

So, I've been thinking about how I will spend my summer.

I have a rough framework of what my summer will look like.

Now, I am to the point where I can fill in the blanks. I know when I will be home and when I will be gone. I know what big things I have committed to. Now I have lots of day-to-days to spend however I want.

I keep seeing these summer check lists and I think they are a really cute idea. 

via

via 

I haven't taken the time to make one yet. But I am planning on doing something similar. 

In order to intentionally accomplish things, we must first figure out what we want to accomplish. 

Summer 2012 is here. What's on your list of things to do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)