Ask & Answer pt. 5

Friday, July 24, 2015

May 11, 2015

On my last call for questions, my Mom sent along three of her own! Today's round of Ask & Answer is brought to you by those three questions from my Mom and one from me. I'd love to hear your answers, so be sure to leave me a comment with all four!!!

If you could go anywhere and eat anything...what would the scenery/atmosphere of your place of choice look like and what delicious morsels would be set before you?

I'm dreaming of all my favorite places, but I'm also feeling adventurous. I'm thinking I'd head straight for New Orleans (it's number one on my list of travel dreams right now)! I've got to try Beignets, a true Po' Boy, a little of their gazpacho, and whatever else Yelp or the locals told me was good. And then, I'd tell Joy the Baker I was coming and get her to teach me how to make a pie crust. I'm sure she's just waiting on me to call!

What is your favorite scent?

Meat loaf about 30 minutes into its bake time. Also, the first whiff of sea air when you get out of the car after the long drive to the beach. And last, but not least, a really good cologne. I have a few favorites, but I only know them by the wearer, not the actual name. 

What memory is triggered by your senses alone...and what is it?


My Grandma and Ghiddu's basement had a pleasant musty smell to it. It's been YEARS since I've set foot in that basement, but whenever I smell that smell, I go right back. I can practically hear Ghiddu coming up behind me to lead me on to whatever it was we went down there to get. And then there's Grandma, leaning over the railing to tell us to check the dryer while we're down there. It never gets old!


Give me a sense, any sense, and I show you how the root of that sense is a memory of Grandma and Ghiddu. (Said in my best Mr. Portokalos voice!)

What are the top three places you've never been that are in your travel dreams right now? 

The first three that come to mind are: New Orleans, the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and St. Augustine. I've gone international and added the French Riviera even though I'm pretty sure I'll never make it there.


I can't wait to hear your answers! As always, if you have more questions, be sure to leave those in the comments or email them anytime.

4 comments:

  1. meat loaf!! i guess i never really think of that when i hear the word "scent" - but you're right!! :)

    i hope you make it to St. Augustine some day!!! we just went there in May & it was a fun little town :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... when you mentioned the smell of your grandparents' basement I could immediately smell my grandparents' basement in my mind! I haven't been in that house in 2.5 years (since my grandmother passed away) and I can still remember every detail so vividly. Thank you for that.

    Also, yes to the Outer Banks. No NC beach is as charming and peaceful. Well, maybe Oak Island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, love these posts so much. It's a fun way to get to know you! I really, really want to go to New Orleans as well and try a legit po' boy! And I agree that the first smell of sea air is pretty amazing. I could really do some seafood on the beach right now. :)

    Isn't it interesting how senses can take you back to old memories so quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, NOLA! I love that place! We went for our 2nd anniversary and have been back several times just for the food alone! When you are getting ready to go, let me know and I'll give you our list of favorite places. Making me hungry just thinking about it, haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)