Looking Back To The 4th

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

June 20, 2015

It's Wednesday night and I felt like blogging because it's been a few days! :)  Over the last week or so, I've tried new recipes, hosted a last minute 4th of July cook out for 12, battled ants (at Alice's), and spent some time writing my way through a few issues that I've been studying.

The cookout started out as "Let's not go anywhere for the 4th this year..." to, "Let's see if Ron and Julie want to come over for hot dogs and watermelon..." to, "Is there anyone you want to invite?". And pretty soon it was 7pm and Ron, Julie, Jay, Jerry, Kay, Alice, and Velma were all pulling up to our house and making themselves comfortable in our backyard. We supplied the hot dogs, watermelon, chips, and banana pudding. Julie brought a green salad and strawberry shortcake and Velma brought a grape salad.

We sat around visiting and eating and passing around the iced water because it was still sitting right around 85 degrees. It was a 4th for the books!


What did you do for the 4th?

What are you up to? 
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your little spontaneous party. I love that you have that community around you and you can just suddenly have a lunch together! (PS I got all of your emails, I'm just so busy this week I haven't had time to sit down and respond!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Emily's comment, I'm jealous of that too! It sounds like a wonderful time. I could definitely go for some banana pudding right now!! For the 4th, my best friend and I planned on going to the local Freedom Festival but it got rained out. So she came over and we watched Toy Story while I downed a Mocha Latte. Still a fairly decent day! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for spur of the moment backyard parties! We went to celebrate with friends from church, and had a wonderful day talking, eating, watching fireworks, and the like!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)