Jayda Juice: A Recipe

Tuesday, July 21, 2015


Last fall, my friend Jayda took a trip to the maritimes and she came back raving about some juice that she had while she was away. I waited ever so patiently for watermelon to come into season so that I could taste the combination that she had described.

This juice is so refreshing! The best part about it is that making it is a BREEZE.

With all of the smoothie and juice crazes going around, I need to say that what goes into this juice is an amount of fruit that I would feel comfortable putting onto my plate. I cringe when I see people put a whole produce drawer into their blender and then proceed to drink it all. I'm no health official, but I just don't think that can be good for one person. All that to say, we're going to end up with a nice glass of juice!


I told you this was going to be easy...Gather up your ingredients. We've got fresh watermelon, some frozen blueberries, a lime, and ground ginger. I'm sure your blueberries and ginger can be fresh, but I went with what I had on hand!

Next up, we just put everything into the Vitamix. 
 

In goes the watermelon.


Then the blueberries.


A little bit of fresh lime juice comes next.


Last, but not least, a bit of that ginger goes in. Tthen we put the lid on and blend it up. I let mine run until it was VERY smooth. I didn't want any chunks or pulp.


Pour it into a glass, top it off with a lime wedge, and take it outside to enjoy it while you can!

No fuss. No mess. I even left the board game in the background because I thought it was the perfect picture of summer.

Jayda Juice
serves 1

1 cup watermelon cubes
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 tsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
scant 1/8 tsp. ground ginger

Put all ingredients into Vitamix. Blend for 30-40 seconds increasing speed gradually until you reach the highest speed (mine is 10). 

Pour (or strain) into a glass, top with a fresh lime wedge, and enjoy!!! 

Feel free to adjust the amounts of each ingredient to suit your tastes. 



Jayda, thanks for inspiring me to try to recreate this juice!!! I don't know how close I came to the ACTUAL juice you had on vacation, but I sure enjoyed it! 


Have you ever recreated a dish or drink that you were served?




*I mentioned Vitamix in this post because it's a product that I use in my own kitchen. They are not aware of this post and did not sponsor it in any way.


6 comments:

  1. Yum! This sounds really great and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so delicious!! Man, I need a Vitamix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I can even have this on THM. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try this for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I love Jayda! And I love that you were inspired by something you saw on her blog. I did that not long ago with her buttery pasta. Yum! This juice looks so light and refreshing for hot summer days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have been ALL ABOUT the smoothies recently, and this sounds soooo good! it also sounds like a good way to dress up watermelon, which i usually find to be a huge letdown (compared to pineapples! and blueberrie! watermelon is boorangg). ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)