|June 14, 2015|
* Rubbing alcohol takes sap out of clothes. I did have to apply a stain stick to it and wash it again because the alcohol left a ring where it was used on my khaki skirt. Just so you know, I got sap on it YEARS ago. I washed and dried it, soaked it, and tried every treatment I could come up with, all to no avail. UNTIL now!!! ( The credit for this amazing discovery goes to my Mom via the internet!)
* A solvent is something that dissolves things. Makes total sense, but I never knew that! (via Al Mohler on The Briefing. You learn things in the most unexpected places!)
* Mary Higgins Clark was first published at 28 and she made $100 for that short story. Keep writing!
* Glenn Miller's career only lasted about 3 1/2 years. He got his start in the spring of 1939 and then he was killed in a plane crash in the fall of 1942. You never know what you can accomplish in the time you've been given!
* Sparkling Lemonade = YUM! Alice treated me to one of these after we finished pulling the flowers off of her family graves from Memorial Day. It was strange to accompany a 91 year old woman and realize that she has said goodbye to so many people whose lives here have all been lived.
|Jamberry Accent Manicure - week 1|
|Jamberry Accent Manicure - week 2|
* Jamberry nails aren't weird after all. Have you tried them?
* A capsule wardrobe is an excellent idea and I CAN do it! You can too, here's how!
What did you learn in June?
*I'm linking up with Emily!