Port of Call

Thursday, June 07, 2012

"If a man does not know to what port he is sailing, no wind is favorable." 

Sagamore Beach, MA  2010

My Mom shared this quote with me the other day. I kind of laughed in agreement when she shared it. Maybe you did the same when you read it just a few moments ago? 

Well, I've been thinking about it. It's true.

The most irritable people are those people who know what they're NOT doing but aren't sure what they ARE doing. Nothing can make them happy. Nothing satisfies them. But, everything seems to be "against them" if you stick around long enough to hear about it. 

Plymouth Harbor, MA 2010
On Tuesday, I was talking about what our purpose is. 

As Christians, we know to what port we are sailing. 

God is about the work of giving us those winds that are most favorable, namely, what it takes to make us more like His Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

Sometimes we fight the wind. Even then, it's there, coming along to push us towards our destination. 

Along the Shining Sea Trail on Cape Cod 2010
So, what wind of God have you been struggling against? 
What wind of God is there in your life trying to bring you closer to  Him and more like Him all at the same time?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)