From Four Days

Friday, July 20, 2012

What a lovely week I have just finished!

There were some really great things going on this week. 

*Reading sessions complete with sweet tea. 
 


*I  didn't spend any time with my plants yet this week other than a few moments checking on their progress. They got a late start, but my cucumbers are looking good. They probably need to be thinned out.



*I'm not sure what's going on, but that garden spot with the cucumbers USED to look like the moon. Perhaps I've moved? No, the soil is just looking better already!

*My sister came out as I was checking out the cucumbers. I realized that she wanted her picture taken too...So, we had a little impromptu session. This one is my favorite.  


*I couldn't help but see the BIGGER picture this week. There were so many times that I found myself thinking outside of today and myself and our family. It was nice.


*I also did some thinking about days gone by. It's strange how much time has passed and yet this is only the beginning! 6 years ago I was 16....SIX YEARS. I am living those days that I looked forward to. Days that seemed so far away.

*Four years ago, I sat on this little bench to take some pictures to remember my graduation from high school.


Don't forget about...

*Bible study and lunch with friends.

*BIG storms. 

*Movie nights.

*A day on the lake.

*Seeing Spiderman in theaters....I ALMOST cried. Good movie. 

*Staying busy in the kitchen. 

*Tidbits of good news from things going on in my friend's lives. 

*Getting organized.

*Dinner and a blizzard at DQ. Yes, I get excited about burgers, fries, and ice cream.

*Adventures in geocaching.

 


I told you it was a good week! I didn't warn you about the pictures, though.

Now, for a verse I read earlier in the week that has stuck with me.


   " Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own."
(Philippians 3:12 ESV)


I rediscovered this verse in the introduction of the book, "Stand: A Call for the Endurance of the Saints".


Justin Taylor wrote this verse as it applies to some pretty awesome men of the faith. Men who usually SEEM to have it all together...To have "already obtained" and "made it their own" what I am so clumsily attempting to make my own.

The truth is, they don't have it all together, they haven't already obtained, they aren't perfect, and they are struggling to make it their own right alongside of the rest of us! 

What we all have in common is this:

As God's people we are on a journey to making our own what is ALREADY ours in Christ Jesus. 

I wrote about this earlier in the week. I can't get it off my mind! 

I am Christ's. I am in Him. I have been made BRAND NEW. 

So, this business of becoming like Him? It's my life's work and yet really, it's HIS WORK. 

I work, and I press, BECAUSE of Him.
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE the Great Gatsby! Did you just finish it? I teach eleventh grade literature and we read this book every year and it is my total favorite! Just found your blog and I have loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the great gatsby!! Oh I love that story so much. Great pictures & sounds like you had an awesome week xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)