Me Myself and I

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I am linking up for another challenge. (Don't worry, this one is only a one day affair!)

We have been assigned five questions to answer today.





1. What is your biggest phobia? 

Snakes...I don't care what kind it is, if it's a snake, I am near tears and have promptly left the area. I have handfuls of stories that support this fear. It's absolutely ridiculous how I act when one of these creatures come my way.  


2. If you could relive any day of your life, what would it be and why?

I have been thinking about this...

The only day that I could come up with was the last day I ever saw my Grandma

(I wrote why here...You don't have to read it if you don't want to!)
She was in the hospital and even though we knew something was wrong, everyone thought she would be totally fine. (A few weeks later they found out she had cancer that had progressed too far to do anything about it.) She lived on the East Coast and I was only there visiting my Dad. I was supposed to go back home in a few days, but I got word she was in the hospital and so I had my Dad take my brother and I to see her. I had just spent a week with my Grandma and just KNEW something was wrong. When I heard she was in the hospital, I was a MESS. It was raining hard that day, and I was crying buckets myself because somehow I knew something was wrong. I just had a feeling that this was the last time I would ever see her. 

I wish I would have spent more time with her. Everyone else was so calm and cool. Because I was a mess, everyone left so that my brother and I could have time with her. I had time and I wish I would have used it. Less than a month later, she had passed away.


3. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?

I haven't been an age yet that was my favorite. Every age has it's perks and challenges. I'm thinking 25 or 26 is going to be pretty good...We'll see when I get there!
 

4. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? 

So, I have been told I look like a few people but the most common one is Sandra Bullock. I'm too happy about that, but I suppose it could be worse, right? 

 
5. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?

  I seriously LOVE music....There is a rap for virtually everything in life and some song for everything else. I can't sing very well, but I will quote you lyrics just because they fit into the situation.
So, here are SOME of my favorites.


Ooh Aah - Grits

Real Vision - Trip Lee

I'm A Believer - Tedashii 

Joyful Noise - FLAME

Go Hard - Lecrae

Don't Wanna Waste My Life - Lecrae

The Invasion - Trip Lee

Fools Gold - Andy Mineo


*********************************


On a side note, it's been a great day. Being home enjoying the AC, my back patio, and my own kitchen has been WONDERFUL. 

Today, was Bible study day. Getting to know a new group of ladies is still going well.

We talked about repentance. Man, oh man, my heart was heavy! I feel sooooo trapped by sin.I know I am victorious in Jesus, but so often I just don't live like He wants me to. One lady asked about the difference between repentance and confession. Based on Scriptures like 1 John 1:9, I came up with this:

Confession results in forgiveness and being SEEN/CONSIDERED cleansed from a specific sin. It's putting on Christ. 

Repentance is the result of forgiveness. It's walking out and continuing in that forgiveness and in Christ.  

Confession - we are seen clean.

Repentance - we are living clean. 

I know it's possible to confess sin without repenting of it....BUT, I also know that the pattern God intended for His people is that confession and repentance go together. Confession ought ALWAYS lead to repentance. By His grace and power we have the ability to put off sin and put on Jesus. 

What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts! 


 ************************************

*I'm reading The Great Gatsby. It's my first time around and I can hardly put it down! I am already on chapter 5 and I only picked the book up yesterday (that's A LOT for me in one day).

It's old enough to be a "classic" of sorts - but it's new enough to be written in language I can understand. Even though they were some pretty dark days, the 20's really intrigue me. Perhaps that's why I am enjoying it so much.

I stopped at a book store today and the lady there said she is reading it and can't get into it....Ummmm, really? I didn't understand that at all. 

Have you read it? What did you think?




 

3 comments:

  1. I may need to reread Gatsby! The last time I read it was in 11th grade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! im visiting via the me, myself, and i linkup!

    my phobia is on snakes too! i cant even THINK about them without freaking!!! its VERY irrational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lady! I just came across your cute blog via the hop and I'm so happy to be your newest follower! Also I'd love to invite you to a fabulous triple giveaway I'm having right now!

    Hope to see you there, and thanks so much!
    xo

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/08/triple-winner-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)