Twosday: Back in Time

Tuesday, May 20, 2014


A simple peony.

 I first discovered peonies in Jay's garden during my "goodbye for now" dinner in August of 2010. Whenever I see them I am reminded of that dinner and those days. (I just transplanted the one in the picture last Friday. It's from Jay's yard.)


An ornamental box.

It takes me back to the foot of my Grandma and Ghiddu's bed. Those were the days of sports on TV, fruit parties, Nick Jr. magazines, car rides, and the most peace I suspect I'll ever know on this side of heaven. The inside is lined with velvet and because there's no way you'd know, it says, "Hello!" when you open it.



Two things that take me back in time. 



Twentieth Street




2 comments:

  1. Visiting from the Twosday linkup :-) it's so much fun to see everyone's take on the prompt! Love your pics, memories are a constant reminder of lost times and it's fun to see how regular things can mean something more to another person. That ornamental box is gorgeous and how great that it says hello :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That box is so cool! Love seeing all the different ways of shooting the theme this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)