Why...

Friday, May 23, 2014

May 14, 2014

I have a question for you... Why did you wake up today? Why did you get up and get dressed? What is your goal for this weekend?

Now let me ask you another question...Why was Jesus on earth? Why did He get up and get ready each day? 

The best answers for these questions will be found in the Bible. 

In John 4:32-34, we read,  "But He said to them, 'I have food to eat that you do not know about.' So the disciples said to one another, 'Has anyone brought Him something to eat?' Jesus said to them, 'My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work.

Food is that essential element that gives us both strength and determination. Without it we are weak and pretty much have one goal, which is, to get food NOW. 

In John 6:38 Jesus says these words, "For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of Him who sent me." 

DOING the Father's will was EVERYTHING to Jesus. 

Jesus was on earth to do the Father's will.

Jesus woke up and got ready each day to do the Father's will. 

May 14, 2014

Actually, the same is true for you! Once we have been made alive in Him we can see that just like Him, our life is to do the Father's will.

Think about your unrest as a call to eat the food that is doing the Father's will.

Think about each day and getting ready and even weekends as wrapped up in doing the Father's will. 

That's all for today but I'll be writing about WHAT the Father's will is as well as HOW we are to continually accomplish it soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)