Friday's Letters

Friday, November 18, 2016

November 7, 2015
It's been a while since I've done one of these posts. I've found myself writing this one in my head alllll week. I'm not one to delight in busy-ness, but it's been one BUSY fall. We cleaned up the last of the leaves in the backyard and got the patio ready for winter. The first of the snow came and went and my sister and I both got to put our winter driving skills to the test. McDonald's supplied a hearty breakfast and we made Ghiddu proud with our couponing skills.

Now it's Friday. We're making my Aunt Linda's famous Crunchy Korean Chicken for dinner. After that (they don't know this yet) we're pulling out the first of the Christmas movies (I watched Paper Angel the other night, but that doesn't count). I took a vote and I'm holding off on putting up the Christmas decorations until NEXT Friday.

Now, back to those letters I was telling you about...

Dear Lady In the Ice Cream Aisle,

You made my night last week when I was out hunting coffee ice cream for my Mom. I spied that Fudge Brownie ice cream in your cart and commented on how you knew what was really good. Your quick reply of "With caramel topping!" was perfect. I made brownies the other night and I'm going to have one with ice cream and caramel topping tonight.

Dear Reader Guy,

You were sitting in the living room area of the bookstore last night sipping your coffee and reading from a couple of books. I was wandering around the shelves killing time before our movie started (Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them). I peeked at the book sitting on the table in front of you and it was Steinbeck. I never did figure out what book was in your hand. What else do you read?

Dear Plymouth, 

I've been looking forward to the big parade allll year! You really are America's Hometown and your enthusiasm for our history is inspiring. The kids at my brother's co-op have been studying you and I want nothing more than to snatch them up and take them to see you and the many historians you have given us. I'll be tuning in from my kitchen tomorrow morning!

Dear Christmas All the Time Radio,

I owe you a big "Thank You!" too! I've been looking and looking for you and had just about given up. Abbey posted to FB this morning about finding you, so my sister and I looked until we found you on the drive to work this morning. I've got the radio set and it won't be budging until this broadcast is over. I can't wait to turn up all of our favorite songs and I'm especially looking forward to the night(s) we drive around looking for Christmas lights! 

Dear Sister of Mine,

I always seem to have something to tell you. People keep finding this "secret" space of mine because of you. It was a slow trickle for a while there, but it seems that more and more are popping up. I guess I should be grateful since I kept saying that I felt like it was time for me to put myself out there. If you're reading this and you're new here: Welcome! You owe my sister big-time. I probably never would have shared this with you. It's not that I don't like you, it's just that, well....I'm not sure how you'll react to what I do here.

What are you up to this weekend?

Do you have any letters to write today?

If you're interested in watching the parade, it begins at 10:15am EST TOMORROW. You can watch the live broadcast online HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I love this kind of post! :D Letters are fun to write, especially to strangers. It makes them seem a little less "strange". The Plymouth Parade is sure to be an awesome time! Oh, by the way, how was Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're still writing letters (despite the fact my link-up fizzled out haha). You totally should have talked to bookstore guy! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)