15 Day Challenge: Day Seven

Saturday, July 07, 2012

 Today's prompt: "Recommend a book for us to read. Why do you think it's important?"


Life of Love


I would recommend John Piper's book, "Don't Waste Your Life". 

It is one of my favorite books because it has been one of the most influential books that I have ever read.

Just like the title suggests, this is John Piper's aim at communicating the fact that God calls His people to something bigger than themselves.

God has made His people to display His wisdom, glory, truth, and love. 

Here is a 3 minute and 14 second version of the message that changed my LIFE. 

 

Anytime I get the chance, I loan this book to friends who are seriously considering the way their life will go.

My favorite part about being young is knowing other people who are young. 

At this point in our lives we are looking ahead and trying to figure out what we are going to do with our lives.

I love older people too...In fact, if I'm honest, I usually enjoy them more than people my own age. BUT, when I get to know someone who takes life seriously and wants to do more than goof off, I am sucked in every time. 

While we're on the subject of not wasting our lives - I have a song for you!
 Quite a few years after the book was published, the guys over at Reach Records did a Don't Waste Your Life tour. Check out this song if you haven't already:




1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to read that for a while!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)