The Scenic Route...The Things of Summer

Monday, July 23, 2012

I felt a little overwhelmed this weekend. 

I was thinking about my schedule and not really feeling up to everything that is supposed to be happening over the next few weeks. 

This song by Trip Lee came on and it pretty much put things into perspective for me. It helped me to see why I have been feeling the things that I have. 

Give it a listen, or not...It's up to you! 



Now, onto some more things of summer that I have been enjoying lately. 

*Swimming in a COLD river and a warm lake. 

*Fireworks. I must have mentioned this before, but I love a good fireworks show. 

*Festivals in nearby towns. 

*Finding a shady spot to sit and read. 

*Houses with air conditioning....I know that not everyone has this, but I am sure grateful for it!



I was going to add some pictures to this post, but unfortunately, I am having issues with the computer. I have decided that SOMETHING without pictures is better than no post at all. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the list! GREAT things to enjoy and be thankful for, especially air conditioned houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never hurts to find a shady spot to read a good book! wish i had the time. & i would love to go to the lake!

    xxA
    www.letitbebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria! I just saw your comment on my post over at "Story of my Life" yesterday, and wanted to pop by over here and say hello! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's so hard to understand why things like that happen, but you're right...love transcends death...a lesson I learned well just earlier this year as I lost someone very dear to me...

    Anyway, you'll be in my thoughts today dear...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)